So, i had my 34 week appointment today. My nurse was like "Have you not gotten your Rhogam shot yet?" and i was like "Uh... no?" Apparently my blood is negative, which, for those of you who want to know, can be bad if your baby has positive blood. Basically, if your baby has positive and you are negative, your body doesn't recognize it and builds antibodies to attack it. Yeah... sounds like a sci-fi thing. Anyway, I guess they wanted me to have my shot (which prevents you from creating the antibodies) at like 28 weeks, so im a little behind. I mean, they don't know the babies blood type. My parents are both negative so all of us were fine. I have no idea what Jaspers type is, and i really don't feel like asking. It was just funny how the nurse was like "Whoa!" and all worried, but my doctor wasn't too worried about it, so i think its ok. I had my blood drawn and then i get my shot this week. So it was a little scary, but ok.
Second tiny scare was that im measuring a little small. You measure by your week, so i should be about 34 cm but im only 31, so i need an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok. My doctors not too worried, he says that taller women tend to be smaller, but they want to check. Even if little buddie was small, it would be fine, they would just keep a closer eye on me. Good thing about this ultrasound is that i get another chance to see little buddie, and Heather is coming, so she gets to see him too!! It will be cool :)
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow.. who knew these things! I just don't even know enough about it to know if I should be worried.. but for some reason I am not terribly worried.. which is a good thing. I'm glad your doctor thinks everything is fine and that you are doing well too. And I'm SOOOO excited to come to the ultrasound!! totally selfish I know. But that will be so awesome.
ReplyDelete