I feel like i count down each day by my medicine. Op, its 6, time to take my 5 pills. Its funny how i heard so many different stories of labor, and everyone would always tell me how they were induced, or how their epidural didn't work, or how their doctor almost didn't make it in time, but no one ever told me about after labor. Personally, i would go through labor 5 times over than what im going through right now. Not that i had much of a labor... but contractions are NOTHING compared to the pain of your stomach muscles after they have been cut through. In the hospital, i had really bad gas because of the air let in during my c-section, and i still have it sometimes, and i cannot describe the pain. One, gas kills, and two, it was pushing against my incision, so it hurt! And my stomach just hurts anyway, its like having constant period cramps (sorry for the gentlemen reading this) and then someone punched you in the stomach. Really hard. Everyday.
Its just... the title, its a bit of an overstatement. I just look at myself, and i look at what i have been through, and then i look at Jasper, and what is he suffering? I had to lye in a hospital bed for 7 hours with an IV, an oxygen mask, getting shots and having contractions. Then i had to have major surgery, having my stomach cut open, which, let me say, may (notice the word may) make it harder for me to have future kids and i have to have c-sections for the rest of my births. Then i had to stay in the hospital for three days, lying in pain, couldn't even eat. For this next part, understand that i know it was the right decision and i have never EVER had doubts about it. But it kinda sucks having to give your child away. I mean, i wasn't giving him away, but i was giving away my rights as a parent, and that kinda sucks. The emotional strain that that has put on me is very hard, and im just grateful to Heather and Kirk for their love and willingness to let me see him. Ive seen him twice since the hospital and it has been so awesome.
Anyway, then the part of how ive been stuck in bed for the past week, taking medicine for pain, meds and cream for my huge rash that i got on my butt from the hospital bed, meds for my chest since it hurts like crap!! (sorry if thats too much info). I have to lie down, i bend over when i walk, i cry because it hurts. I sometimes shed a little tear for jack, i have to smell his blanket and it helps. I miss him so much. And i hurt. And what is Jasper going through? Name one thing that he is suffering right now. He gets to lye around with his new girlfriend, and go around to places hanging out, and do whatever he wants, like there isn't a care in the world. Im stuck in bed, while all of my old friends go to preference, and everyone on facebook is talking about... this great movie they saw, or how it sucks how that one guy wont talk to them. My friend, i understand that she was unaware that i was in labor, but right before i was going into my c-section, she texted me saying how she forgot that she has had a dress of mine for a while (yup, almost 2 years), and then while i was recovering, she asked if she could come and trade for this other dress that she wanted to use. I politely said that i wasn't lending out clothes anymore, but i would like my dress that she has back, and she told me that what i said was cold, being totally brattish. I mean, i just politely said it. I got kinda mad and said that i didn't feel like giving a dress (which by the way i worked my butt off on last year) to someone who didn't give a crap about me. She hasn't talked to me for months. She was my best friend. For years, especially while me and Jasper were together, and she completely ditched me when i got pregnant. And now she was asking to borrow a dress? How did she expect me to respond? And it was bad timing, i was kinda going through the hardest thing of my life. So she gave me a lecture about how friendship was a two way thing and i hadn't tried either. Hahahahahaha. Right.
I just... im not meaning to put anyone down. Its just hard. I love Jack, and i wouldn't have had anything any other way, but it just sucks. I wish i could be up and doing things. I wish i could have some sort of a senior year, but then i dont. I don't know how to talk to people my age, as ridiculous as that sounds. Ive said this before, and i mean it, i dont expect anyone to understand what i have gone through. How could they? I dont, and i am ok talking about it, i love telling people about how amazing jack is and how my ex boyfriend is the biggest man-whore alive, im really ok with it :) but this is a very hard transition. It is so hard going from the pregnant girl back to Mariel, and trying to plan out my life right now is kinda hard! I had this woman tell me back a few months ago that the most important thing i can do is make myself the best person. Jack is going to know me, he is going to be watching me, and the most important thing is that he can look at me and say "Yup, that is my mom" proudly. That hit me so hard. I need to make myself someone that Jack will be proud of. I could lye around and be lazy and wind down into a depression, or i can do the best in school, and live the best way i can and be the best person i can be.
So, that is my goal now. I want Jack to be proud of me, but i also want me to be proud of me. I know i can do a lot if i put my mind and will into it, so that is what i will do now. That is, when i can walk and eat normally again.
P.S. Apparently, Jasper is back in town. In the last email i sent him (well, my dad wrote it) it said that if he bothered me, we would get a restraining order. And i would. But part of me shudders at each doorbell ring. Pitiful, huh? But in a way, i want him to come to the door. I want him to see my paleness and see me hunched over, see the pain im in. And then i would slam the door in his face! Its a little fantasy ive had lately :)
P.P.S I dont want anyone to think that i am doubting my decision. Most of the tears i shed are for my hatred of Jasper. Hate is strong, but im using it. I dont think its fair, and it is probably supposed to be this way, but i am not understanding yet why i get to suffer and he doesn't. I guess ill understand it someday. Hopefully.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mariel, I understand the hate. I hate Chris for what he has done to me. I hate Jasper for what he has done to you. It's not fair. At all. The thought that has got me through the days and nights is that I know he will get his own in time. It might not be now, but he will pay for the pain and tears he caused you to cry. God counts every single one of them and he will have to face that. You will be (and already are) blessed for giving Jack what you perceive and know to best for him. Jasper will never get to know Jack and what a great little man he is. Jasper is the one loosing here. Remember, I love you and am there supporting you all the way. I have recently noticed that my hate for Chris is much less. I have learned (over much time, tears, thoughts of burning down his house, etc.) to turn my hate over to the Lord. Just know that you won't feel this destructive, burning hate for him forever. If you need to talk, rant, hate, help me throw eggs at Chris' car, you know my number. Love you!
ReplyDeleteSo I've read your whole blog... I found it about a month ago and have been following your story ever since. I just want to say that you've really opened my eyes to these kinds of situations. I used to be really judgmental. But just from reading your blog... let's just say that things have changed. I totally admire your strength, and I wish the best for you. You are amazing. :)
ReplyDeleteI know it's hard not to "hate" the "sperm donor", I've been there myself. The only difference is I decided to parent my child with the help of my parents. You are a very courageous person and anyone can see you love your son more than life because of the life path you chose for him. I can only imagine how many emotions you are feeling and I hope you have the best support system a person can get. My basic point of this comment is to tell you have I looked at my "sperm donor". I still to this day look at him this way too. I see my daughter as being the best thing he will ever accomplish in his life, she is the best part of him and probably the only good that will ever come from him. He decided after 12 years of not being in her life, on here 12th birthday that he wanted to be a dad to her. I left everything up to her and she put him through "hell". She ended up telling him "you had 12 years to decide that you wanted to be in my life so I deserve 12 years to decide if I want you in mine". Just keep your head up and no matter what the dead beat does, just remember, your baby will always be the best thing the man ever does with his life.
ReplyDeleteI know Heather from her home town. she was in my ward pretty much all growing up. she is an amazing lady and will be an amazing mommy to your little Jack. She linked to your blog and so I read a little of your story. You really are amazing. I really don't know how else to put it. just hang in there and keep praying and clinging to your family and to Heather and kirk and jack and you will get there.
ReplyDeleteAlso a little note of comfort. I had to have a C section with my first baby and it was HELL (sorry for that word, but it was) and it sounds like you aren't doing much better. seriously I couldn't even get out of my bed myself and the gas was the worst and yadda yadda yadda. I pretty much HATED it. I opted for another C section with my second, just because of some history things. but I talked with my doctor about all of my concerns with recovery and with the pain and everything else and oh my goodness, this time around was 200% better then the first. seriously the pain was almost non existant. i was up and walking just two hours after the surgery and it didn't even hurt that bad. I felt so so good when i left the hospital. so just know there is hope that if you have another C section it will be better. a lot of people have told me the 2nd one is a lot better then the first. I was also at a different hospital with a different doctor then my first so they gave me completely different meds and stuff, but seriously it was SO MUCH BETTER. so don't be scared to have another when the time comes just because of the C section thing. my doc told me morphine is really bad with the gas issue. not sure if you had that, but it was awful with my first. I didn't get it this time I was so so glad.
Anyway, you are a great example of faith to me. seriously!
P.P.S. I hope it was Ok that I commented, and read through some of your story.
Hi-
ReplyDeleteI am one of Heather's friends and I wanted to let you know you are one amazing woman!!! You have brought so much joy to Heather and Kirk than you will ever know. Jack will always be yours and I am sure he is very proud of you. I also want to let you know I had a c-section with my second pregnancy and then my doctor said I could have a v-back if I waited at least 2 years. My third pregnancy went will and so did delivery. You will be fine and not matter what happens, once you are married to the right person and you both want children you will do whatever it is you have to! Keep you chin up! Life gets better once you feel better!
Hey Mariel, I know I have not really been around for a long time but I see what you are going through and I know that I will never know how it feels but I want to be there for you. I want to see you talk about Jack and show me his pictures. When I asked you to come hang out on Saturday I had no idea the pain that you were in. Well we should still hang out sometime when you are feeling better but seriously I want to be there for you so just give me a call or text anytime you want! 801-380-5206 Love ya! You are such a strong young woman!
ReplyDeleteWow.. Look how many people love and admire you! Smart people :) I'm sorry you were having a bad day.. I hope every day gets better and better. It was so fun to see you guys yesterday.
ReplyDeleteLove you lots and lots
Mariel,
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing woman! Your son already has so much to be proud of. I've known Heather since she was a little girl, and she will be an amazing mother.
I have had 5 c-sections, and I can say they are much easier when you don't go through labor before hand. One day you will find a man who is worthy of your strength and faith, and it will be so wonderful to share a family with him. I will never forget your example of strength. You have my respect.
I hope you know how much you are loved by so many! I hope you know that you are one of the strongest women I know! You really are amazing! I am sorry that it is so very very hard. I am sorry that Jasper is such a jack-ass (oh, and this isn't a bad word--it's just a nicer way of saying Jasper--ha ha!) and one day he will pay for his sins and he will feel great pain--I don't know how it works, but I know if you don't repent in this life that in the next you will have to do it on your own--without The Atonement.
ReplyDeleteI can't express to you how proud I am of you and I cry for you and I love you so much! When you are feeling up to it, come over and hang out. When you feel up to it, go on a peaceful walk up the canyon with your mom, dad or another real friend. Breath in the fresh air and enjoy the beautiful sights around you--that will help you feel better. Thanks for your example to us all of being such a strong woman! I love you!