Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Getting Back Into the Swing...

I went back to school for the first time yesterday. I absolutely loved it. Call me a nerd, but i am the type of person that makes lists of things to do, and likes to check them off. I like getting stuff done and being up, so it was nice to go and get some new work to work on. And just going out and being outside makes me really happy. Everyone says how winter and snow put them in a bad mood, and they cant wait until summer, but i absolutely LOVE the snow. It is my favorite. I love the color of the sky, and the overcast, and the white mountains. It feels like my Canadian home. I will be very sad when there is grass again :(

So, a very good friend that is in my group with me invited me to her singles ward FHE last night. I wasn't sure if i wanted to go, because im not quite myself in the social aspect, if that makes sense? And i dont know if im ready to be out and try to meet people and what not. But, i went. They were supposed to do Karaoke but the person didn't show up, so we did pictionary instead. Its always weird walking into a room of people that you dont know, but everyone was soooo funny! And we were all laughing, and it was so much fun! And the words were super hard, how are you supposed to draw faith and the twelve tribes? That was the funny part though. I had immodesty, so i drew a bra and put an X through it. Haha, didn't work out so well. But i talked to people after, and then a group of us went to In-and-Out, and i seriously haven't laughed that hard for a while. We just talked, told stories, laughed, ate. It was the greatest thing ever, and my friend and I talked about how great it was to have that much fun after what we have been through. Plus, meeting some awesome guys. Yes, there are other guys in the world than all of the ugly toads.

After that, i met up with an old guy friend at Denny's. So much fun, it was great to catch up with him, he always makes me laugh. And he has been my best guy friend through out everything, so its easy to talk to him. But, when i first walked in, i saw a full table of a bunch of old friends, which was really nice to see them and there were hugs all around and stuff, but i had a heart attack because they are all Jaspers friends too, and i thought i saw him so i was about to make a run for it. Thank goodness he wasn't really there. It was nice to see them though. But it is also nice to make new friends, like the ones i made last night at FHE, and start off on a clean slate. Meet new people and make a new Mariel. And then i got to come home and gossip with my mom about it, which she was nice to stay up and wait for me, i was up late :S but im glad that i have her to tell everything to.

So yes, great night indeed!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! That sounded like you had so much fun! I'm so glad you are finally feeling good enough to do some fun stuff and get out a little more. That is so great! FHE sounded fun and my heart totally skipped a beat when I thought about the stress that maybe Jasper was there.. whew! That was a close one.

    I'm so glad you had so much fun, you so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete