I am grateful not only for my adoptive couple, and the awesome relationship i have with her and him, but for who she and kirk chose to be. I just look at how they live and what they make of themselves, and it is just a constant reminder that not only are they awesome people, but they are going to be awesome parents. A big thing that has jumped to the top of my list for "future boyfriends" is having ambition in life. An ambition to make something of yourself, to work, to want to do good, and i see that in Heather and Kirk. He has a great job and it really touches me on how hard they are working to get the room ready for this little guy, its so touching.
And i cannot tell you how much it means to me that they are married in the temple, and that they are faithful in the church. I want this little guy to grow up in a house with a picture of his mommy and daddy in front of the temple in their wedding clothes, and realize the importance of that, and strive for that himself. I want him to take the sacrament every week, be baptized, become a deacon and so forth. And i know that they will do that, and im comfortable with it.
The relationship between birth mom and adoptee parents is so.... unlike anything, i do not think anyone can even comprehend it unless they have experienced it themselves. I don't know how they feel, but i can say that the joy and peace it brings me to look at Heather and Kirk, get to know their fun, loving, spunky personalities, and realize that my son is going to grow up with them is indescribable. Open adoption is such a blessing. Just by what i know of them already, i am so comfortable with them raising my son, and that is so important, i think. To look at them and say, "Yes, he is going to have the best life ever."
Anyway, thats one of the many things im grateful for. Love you Heather and Kirk!


I'm crying! Thank you Mariel.. what sweet words. We love you so much and are so grateful for the trust you have in us. It is such an honor to know you and to have been chosen by you to raise your son. We cannot wait. We have a very very special relationship and love and respect for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you for everything!!
You really got a 75? yikes :) You should've asked for a little kiddy ramp, and maybe some gutter bumpers.. Hey.. no one has to know! :) kidding. don't kill me.
And about your third post down.. I can see why you don't want it to be over. It will be harder than anyone can realize I'm sure. We are here for you.
Love you.. can't WAIT for new moon tomorrow!!