I just got my Patriarchal blessing.
Oh. My. Gosh.
Probably the second most incredible thing thats happened to me. Jack will always be number one.
I dont really know what to say about it, honestly. I feel like its really sacred, and i dont want to put it all over the internet. But i did want to say that i have really been worrying about it. I think every birthmom out there can agree with me on this, but i have had a fear that i will never marry and Jack will be the only child i ever bear. You might think i sound ridiculous, but it has brought me to tears several nights. What if Jack was the only child i could ever have? The one child i could have is not with me. Now, dont get me wrong, i know Jack is heather and kirks through and through, but imagine that fear. I was so worried about it, and i prayed and prayed that i would get some sort of answer in my blessing that would comfort me and guide me.
I got some answers, and im not sure if i want to post them yet, but i am just so incredibly happy. I cant even explain it, words cannot come close to how i feel right now.
It was just so cool!!!
And people have been asking my questions! I love it.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your patriarchal blessing really is made for you. It's not anyone else's road map to life. It's YOURS. So you don't have to share something that personal. I know I have many things in my patriarchal blessing that I wish I could share. But I don't because it IS that sacred. No one will be offended if you don't post it. I've only shared my patriarchal blessing with my parents and my fiance. I've shared bits and pieces with my adoptive family but that's it. I think patriarchal blessings are the COOLEST things in the world. I cherish mine. It's always by my bed and I read it before I go to bed. Or try to anyway. :)
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you got your blessing, Mariel. You are doing great things in your life right now, whether you realize it or not. And now you can believe like we all do, that you have many, many great things in store for you.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
I'm so glad you got your blessing!! What a wonderful source of strength and support. I know mine has been a huge comfort to me!
ReplyDelete