Thursday, March 18, 2010

Another Step Towards Recovery

If you ever need help getting over an ex or anything, rearrange your living space. I started cleaning my room, and then decided that i wanted this dresser over here, and i scooted my bed, and eventually, everything got rearranged. It took me alllll day, but i love it. Its like a new start, in a way.

Because my room was in the same order for years, while i was with Jasper. Thats where i resided while i thought of him, talked on the phone with him, came home from sleepovers with him. Its haunting. Plus, while cleaning, i was able to gather up all of the false crap hes ever given me, put it in a big black garbage bag, and throw it in the garage where it will sit in the cold dust until i have a ritual bonfire to burn every last memory of him. HA!

I really do like my room. I couldn't stop until i was done, i moved everything and threw away a lot. I look at it now and its just part of the new Mariel. Her new life is starting and shes going to live in a new room and do a butt load of homework and read and practice violin. Shes going to be awesome gosh dangit! Well, i hope so....

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute!! You can add to that list: "and judge Odyssey of the Mind because I am awesome!"

    Have fun in your therapeutic new room!

    Sarah R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dunno what to say, i want to say like "i second that" or "AMEN SISTA!" or something, haha. but it all sounds REALLY stupid. but yea, rearranging my room helped me too. i even painted it. =) (yea, that still sounded weird and stupid)

    and you are awesome Mariel. I've always thought so (that was also cheesy...holy shoot)

    ReplyDelete