Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Prom 2010!!!

I didn't think i would get a senior prom, and i was trying to be ok with it. It really isn't a big deal, right? Because you move on and that stuff doesn't matter in college and what not. Right?

But, i get a call one day from a guy i met through my friend Annette and he was like "Would you like to go to prom with me?" I was so shocked!! Orem high prom had already happened, so i was like "I'd love to... but who's?" and he is like "Annettes prom!" So she calls me and is like "I planned it all for you! We are going on a date, and someone is making the food, and we are having pictures taken and i got a sound system for the dance! Its going to be awesome!" I seriously almost started crying, i could not believe that someone would go to that effort just for me! I was so overwhelmed!

We went to Discovery Park and played tag, which was so much fun, except we got there an hour early because my date had the time wrong, and when i called Annette she was like "Um.... well, im not going to be ready for another 30 minutes". So that was funny :) But the running around was fun! Trying to dodge kids... but fun :)




Then Annette and her sister did my hair and makeup. We had our pictures taken at a park by the temple, and i thought they turned out good!


Then we went to her church which was SO BEAUTIFULLY SET UP! There were lights hung up, and the tables had beautiful clothes on it. And there were these little tables with mirrors that had glass swans sitting on them. It was so pretty!!





We did some karaoke for a while, it was pretty funny. Our friends boyfriend was dancing along to these 80's songs, SO funny. Everyone just sang different songs and we laughed and cheered and it was awesome!



Her friend made us a delicious dinner, and there was honey butter for the rolls, but it seriously looked like mashed potatoes, and everyone was like "What the mashed potatoes?" I dont think she will ever hear the end of it :) it was good though!

And then.... we danced like its 1969! It was so much fun. We exhausted ourselves with twirling and singing in each others faces and trying to do impressive moves. I danced with a bunch of different people, and it was fun because it was just us, and we got to choose the songs!











I was SO tired, but seriously on a high from the dancing! I love love love dancing. Did i mention i love dancing? Love love love.... my legs were so sore for the week after, i seriously couldn't walk, but it was definitely worth it!

Oh, and then we watched Princess Bride at someones house after. Totally awesome. Cary Elwes is so dang attractive. Nuff said.

It was seriously one of the best nights ever! I had so much fun, if i would have gone to Orem's prom it would be NOTHING compared to this, it was so awesome. And i seriously just cant believe that she did that for me. It was the nicest most sweet thing. She is so amazing and thoughtful, i love her. And i met  people and it was just fun! I keep saying fun, but that is seriously what it was. I will always remember this night as probably thee coolest senior prom ever.

I love Annette so much. Thank you for giving me that gift, it means more than words. Thank you so much :)

1 comment: