Friday, May 7, 2010

Peaceful

The viewing of my beloved friend was tonight. His funeral is tomorrow, and i cannot go, which really, really upsets me, so i especially wanted to go tonight. It might seem scary, seeing them lying there. And it definitely took my breath away, it shocked me. It reminds me of my cousins funeral. I was young, but it was so weird. You expect their chest to rise and fall, or just for them to blink. But it is like you are at a wax museum. Its definitely them, but its so... surreal.

It was hard. I tried really hard not to cry, especially for his wife. She is so strong, i admire her with all my heart. I love her for everything she has done for me, and to be able to be that strong and sweet is so amazing. I was sad and down, but then she said something, that i have heard many times, but it really touched me.

She said "You know, i cannot imagine not having this gospel. I can't imagine this being the last time i see him. How do people out there who do not understand the atonement deal with this? Im sad, but they must be devastated."

How grateful i am, too. I CANNOT imagine never ever seeing someone again. But this life is just a blink. We have eternity after this to be with our loved ones. It seems far away, but we will be with them again. I felt so much better. It is such a blessing to know that. It is sad, and nothing is going to change that, but we are comforted knowing that we will see them again, very soon. And we will be with them for forever.

He looked so peaceful. They planned a family trip together this summer, and they are still planning to go. She said that he would have wanted them to. Again, he was such a great man. He will be missed, but i know with all my heart that he is being taken care of, and that he is taking care of his family. And we will see him again.

Funerals, and viewings, are viewed as a sad thing, but i personally think that they are so spiritual. The veil is thinner and the spirit is so strong. Im just so grateful for this gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment