So, i totally forgot that i had a formspring me account! People can anonymously ask me questions. I have a few, so i decided to answer them on here.
did you ever regret the adoption?
Never once have i regretted the adoption. I have DEFINITELY regretted those 5 years wasted on a stupid person, and i regret a lot of the choices i made, but placing my son with his parents was the best thing i have ever done. And my relationship with them is so great that i could never regret it. And seeing how they interact with Jack, and seeing how happy he is makes it worth it and more.
Was the baby girl adopted that made Jack a big brother? What is the story there?
I think i made a post about this... not sure. Anyway, long story short, which is actually a very cool story, it was Kirk and Heathers second try at Invitro, and they tried it right before they started talking to me. Quoting Heather, "We honestly had no hopes at all, we had gotten our hopes up before. I cant even tell you how low our expectation of it working was". They got distracted talking to me, and, ironically, the same week i told them that i was choosing them as a couple, they went to the doctor after a positive pregnancy test for an ultrasound, and there was little Anna! They had no idea how to tell me, and they were afraid that i might be turned off by it, but it didn't change anything. I was more excited if anything! Jack was going to have a sibling, and im glad that Heather and Kirk are able to have two beautiful little kids.
Are you going to do anything for Mothers Day?
I guess this question is from a while back :) Um, i didnt realize that the day before mothers day is birthmothers day, and it didn't really affect me quite honestly. Mothers day was a little hard. In sacrament, they hand out candy bars to the mothers, and some woman who im friends with gave one to my mom for me and said i deserved it, so i thought that was pretty cool. And that night, i found a note with Sees Peanut Brittle from my parents, and it just said happy mothers day, but i burst out in tears. It was the coolest thing. I think i saw Jack in that couple of days too..... i had such a bad memory.
Did your Ex graduate from High School?
He barely went to school sophmore and junior year (like, 1-2 times a week, and just hung out in the auditorium all day), and beginning of senior year (when i was pregnant), i know he wasn't going, and he got a letter saying that he needed to either go or take the GED before a certain date (he had been getting those letters for a while), and, of course, i tried to get him to take the GED, but XBOX or something was more important. And then i broke up with him, and he moved somewhere, so im pretty sure he didn't.
What will you do if he writes you back?
Im guessing this is referring to the email he sent. Well, i dont know what this is referring to actually..... ok, he did send me an email in.... July? Saying how he misses me, still loves me, if i would ever get back together with him, blah blah. I got VERY upset with him, saying how he dare ask me that, and how he has the nerve to even write me and not even care about this child we created. He said how he couldn't believe i said that, he thinks about him everyday, he is insulted because he doesn't even know his name or birthday, blah blah. It was a mess. So i switched me email. Yup. It took like 3 days to move everything from my 5 year old email to a new one. But it was refreshing. I haven't heard anything since. All i know is that he is in Nevada.
How far are you willing to let go of your anger for Jasper?
I have gotten a lot better. I used to be really bad, i was in a dark period after placement and birth, i have never had so much anger towards anyone. But it has slowly diminished. Im making myself busy with other things, and Nick makes me feel a lot better. With someone like Nick, there is no point to keep thinking about Jasper.
Well, there they are! There is a little box to the left where you can ask me anything, and i promise i will answer it and check it :)
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I hope you don't mind me reading. I adopted my three youngest kiddos through the state and love hearing your point of view on things. :)
ReplyDeleteMariel, you are amazing and I love you lots. You are a very strong individual and I hope everything keeps going up-hill for you. You really deserve for great things to happen to you.
ReplyDelete