We are going to call him CN. I cant think of a cool name right now. And, i always, usually, sometimes, change names for privacy reasons.
Remember my post a few posts ago, about how terrified of relationships i am? I still feel that way, dont worry, but CN is.... weirding me out. In a good way. I didn't know that guys could be like that. I honestly never thought i would meet a guy that is a genuine gentleman. Thats why its weird, i never expect it, and im not used to it, but he will offer me something, compliment, open doors, the works. Im like "what what what??"
Several big things i like about CN:
* He is family orientated, just like me. He has cousins galore and hangs with them, and always does stuff with his siblings. Just like me. We have similar family backgrounds.
* He plans things. Hes not the type to just hang out and make me think of something to do, or go make me buy him something (cough cough Jasper cough). He always has a plan, and invites me. It means a lot to put thought into things. And they are fun things, like a BBQ or going to Lagoon with his family.
* He has goals. He graduated with good grades, he has a full time job. He wants to make the most out of himself, which i definitely admire.
* He is genuinely concerned about how i am doing, and is interested in what i do. He always tries to direct the conversation at me, never about himself. A little embarrassing :) jk
* He likes the same humor as me, like Brian Regan and Jeff Gaffigan. SO FUNNY!!
* He is very understanding if i cannot hang out, or if i am busy. He doesn't pout and get upset, he just says "Alright, thats fine, good luck with your homework! I would love to hang out when you are free, just let me know". SO nice to have someone understand that my life is crazy.
There are more things. And everyone is like "Are you going out?". No. I talked to him, and i explained that i do like him more than a friend, but i am not quite ready to be in a relationship yet. And, if a relationship happens, it happens, i just want the cards to fall where they may. Relationships shouldn't be planned. Its weird.
He completely understood. He said that he would love to keep doing things, and whenever we do things, they are with one of his hillarious cousins, which i really appreciate.
We went to Lagoon, and it was SO MUCH FUN! I was kinda nervous at first, because everyone at lagoon makes out, and i don't really want to do that! But his brother, brothers friend, sister, and 5 cousins came, and i was just so much fun. We went on rides, and they are all so much fun and easy to talk to and we went crazy! We went on every ride, and ran around, and drank pop until we were sick!
I just loved being with his family. Plus, its nice because you can see how he acts around his family, you know? How they treat them. When we were packing food at his house, his little 5 year old sister gave me one of her littlest pet shop cats! I was like "I don't want her to be sad! She might miss you!" and CN's mom was like "Oh, don't worry, she has plenty more." So its sitting in my room. It was so cute!
So, i like him, definitely more than a friend, but im still scared. People think im over reacting, but im still scared, ok?
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't think your over reacting. You've been through A LOT! But my advise would be to not shy away from a good thing. Sounds like things are going well, which I'm very glad they are. Let them be good. It's ok for things to be good. I understand that it's a lot of..."what are you doing?" "is that real?" Yes it is real. There are guys like that. Jasper-types are the bad ones NC-types are the ones you want. In short it's ok to be scared but don't run from a good thing. I love you babe.
ReplyDeleteCN? As in CHUCK NORRIS? You hang out with CHUCK NORRIS!? THAT'S SO AWESOME!! jk, love you Mariel. He sounds like an awesome dude, and I'm glad you guys are friends, even if you just stay friends forever, that's awesome!
ReplyDelete